12.04.2015

Struggle Bus Now Boarding.








Before I start with my usual dialogue that comes with each of my posts, I am going to give you two of my most favorite quotes I've come across while doing a shoot to date. 

First, "Something about the struggle bus is going to be mentioned in your title, isnt it?"
And second, "It is seriously going to get to the point with your posts with us that all you're going to have to say is, 'Its these people again, enjoy." 
- Kellie Wolff

While it might seem that I havent been posting much these days, it doesnt mean that I havent been shooting. I have come to discover that my ideal of being so popular that I am always shooting, starts to get complicated when I have so many shoots to go through. It has been a month since I was able to fly to Colorado, my third state in a year for the Wolff Family. Baby Garyn has been with us for all of them, first in Alaska when mom and dad got married. Second, in Washington when mom and grandpa and auntie trekked around the drought that was what we thought would be a lake. And third, in Colorado where we finally got to see all of her adorableness. It was hard to tell who was more excited for me to come, Kellie or Karlie, but they once again had me fly to them to capture yet another precious moment of time in their lives. Garyn was having some issues with acid reflux and having to be naked for the first time with lights flashing in her eyes, but despite her most persistent efforts to let us now how mad she was about all of it we were still able to get the most adorable pictures of her. Kellie got some great behind the scenes pictures of my time with her, which isnt something that is seen that often but very accurately showed how much goes into these shoots. Per the usual though Kellie was sassy, Karlie was ready to pick up any smart ass thing that I said to make her mother laugh,  and I was a sarcastic little hellion working to bring ease to capturing the most precious moments with Garyn. 

Chris and Kellie, I just wanted to let you know how much I have enjoyed being your designated photographer this year. I cant even begin to thank you for all that you have done for me and for my photography. I have loved the time that I have gotten to spend with your family, and in all the different places that I have had the chance to go to with you guys. Kellie, though you might think that I will run out of things to say about you I can promise you that you are really underestimating my ability to retell stories about the times I spend with your family. You guys are always so much fun and you make for the best stories to tell. Photography, for me, is all about telling a story and you have given me such a mind blowing amount of room to tell your story. This year I have been able to capture some of the best moments of my entire career, with your family. Garyn is so lucky to have been born into a family filled with so much love and I dont have any doubts that I will be around to watch her grow up with her sister Karlie teaching her the ways, and you and Chris providing her with so much room to be just as awesome as Karlie. Thank you for everything that you guys have done for me because of your appreciation for my work, and sass. I cant wait to see the next place that I travel to capture more moments of your adventures. 

Its these people again, but not for the last time. Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment