7.20.2011

Why The Long Face.






I am a city girl. Born and raised around concrete buildings. I like my animals, dont get me wrong, but when an animal has the power to crush me, kick me, buck me, or hurt me, I tend to do my best to stay away from them. I have been on a few horses in my day. And by a few I mean literally two. One time in which I rode on the back of a horse with my sister in law Raelene, because I got scared and couldnt ride my own horse. So I dont have very much experience. Tonight I got to ride another horse, Buddy. Darian has been trying to get me to ride him for a while now, telling me that he is a really good horse and that there is nothing that I should worry about, she knows her horse. I often hear this from people, "Oh trust me, I got this," but it is not very often that I actually put my guard down and trust them. I am glad that I did this with Darian. Buddy was a blast, and watching her take care of him reminded me what it is like to throw yourself into something you truly love. The happiest people dont have the best of everything, they make the best of everything they have. And this girl lights up when she is with her boy. I loved seeing someone be so passionate about something again, seeing a genuine smile come across her face as she saddled him up and rode him around. This girl, has a great horse. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment