12.18.2017

Hood For The Holidays.







One of the things I enjoy most is being hired for a photoshoot that is outside of the normal Pinterest realm of ideas. Of course, the aesthetic that comes from said type of shoots is a timeless hold on portraiture that will always hold a beautiful quality to family photo albums, but when the ideas come about that provide a good laugh and let’s me dabble in the more creative side of my passion I am always game. 
This is the second year I have done Jason’s family Christmas pictures and when he first came to me his only guideline was that it not be, “the same old park in the leaves we do every year.” His wife and daughter both have sass pants that even I admire, and thus the location to do this years pictures downtown came about. I have dabbled in the downtown area for photoshoots before between school assignments and graduation sessions, but it’s been a while since I got to get down and dirty in the arts district. What I love most about shoots like this are people who are able to fly by the seat of their pants, and the Guttenberg family is able to do just that. 
I had an amazing time doing these photos and Hood For The Holidays was born. Thank you Jason and Lois for the amazing shoot, the good laughs, and for once again asking me to capture these moments for your family. 
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment