10.19.2010

Aint Raining On My Parade.

It is not often that it rains in this City of Sin. In fact, it almost never does. But as the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. I wanted to get a picture of the lighting in a storm, but the skies are no where near clear enough for that, nor do I have a camera that I can point into the rain and not worry about having to buy a new one tomorrow. I spent a good chunk of time trying to get the rain coming off of the roof but that was to no avail. So i went to the porch and thought that a picture of the stop sign and the disgustingly dirty street outside would be much easier.

I stepped outside and took one shot when I saw that the apartments across the way were only going to be in my way. Then, it came to me. I ran inside, grabbed my tripod, a lovely pink towel, and my sweatshirt and ran to the street. Focusing under a towel, in the pouring rain I got, what I think to be, one of my best night shots ever. Enjoy.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments: