10.21.2010

Double Take.

Sometimes there are those moments in your life, where something catches your eye, and you have to double back just to be sure that it is what you really saw. Sometimes it seems to be what you saw, and you become totally interested in finding out what it is. Other times, it does not seem to be what you thought, and you go on never thinking about it again. I have a knack for doing just that. I will walk by something, thinking that I saw this glimmer out of the corner of my eye, and it will turn out to be something great. Today I had that glimmer, nothing exciting, but gave me a picture for today.

I was walking through the produce section of Walmart, being the wonderful daughter that I am, and getting strawberries for my mom when, I walked by a set up of different flowers. They were assorted arrangements, and there were bouquets of roses. Some were red, others where white, and then, in the midst of them all, there were three, pink pink roses, that were the only one of their kind. I stopped and looked at them, smiled, and put them in my cart. When I got home, I put them in a vase, pulled out my camera, set everything up, and shot away. I wasnt getting what I had hoped to get in the picture, instead I was getting every other picture that people get when they photograph flowers. I then stopped, and made myself think, "How can I do something, different." I pulled out my tripod, pushed back the rug, set the vase on the floor in my kitchen, and let it sit. I thought that it wasnt anything too amazing, but then I saw it, in my double take, something that I caught at a glance, a picture that caught my eye. Enjoy.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. The baby's breath looks like little pearls and I love, Love, LOVE double delights roses. Moirazing!

    ReplyDelete